Louisiana Waterthrush still there

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012
      Just received a call from Bob Barnes that Dick Norton refound the Louisiana Waterthrush at California City this morning....see yesterday's posts for details.

      John Sterling

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695
      530 908-3836
      jsterling@...

      www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)
    • Steve & Priscilla Summers
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2012
        The Louisiana Waterthrush was seen briefly at 11:45 am between the 17th and
        18th holes. When I arrived Jim Lomax and David Blue had already detected the
        bird earlier but it took another hour of Jim and I sitting patiently for the
        bird to turn up again. David had also seen a Northern Waterthrush with the
        Louisiana. When the Louisiana Waterthrush flew off to the east both Jim and
        I saw another waterthrush follow it which we assumed was the Northern. The
        Louisiana Waterthrush seems to be best located by its call which we heard
        well and could compare to recordings of both species I had on my phone.

        Steve Summers
        Porterville CA

        Just received a call from Bob Barnes that Dick Norton refound the Louisiana
        Waterthrush at California City this morning....see yesterday's posts for
        details.

        John Sterling

        26 Palm Ave
        Woodland, CA 95695