Crested Caracara - Tijuana River Valley, 02 Sep 2012

  • Gary Nunn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2012
      Some documentary quality photographs of the adult CRESTED CARACARA that I
      spotted this morning at 7:50 AM as it was flying strongly towards the main
      Dairy Mart Pond, Tijuana River Valley, San Diego County. I drove after it
      but could not relocate it. However it was seen again later at 10:30 AM by
      other observers at the Dairy Mart Pond, perched on a snag, just off Highway
      5.

      http://bit.ly/SanBird

      Lots of White-collared Seedeater (*torqueola *'Cinnamon-rumped Seedeater')
      singing everywhere around the ponds, I heard at least four males at one
      time and 'scoped a nice one in song just beneath the top of a spindly
      tamarisk by the hidden "middle" pond.
      --
      Gary Nunn
      Pacific Beach, San Diego.