No Excuses Needed— Seabirding Now

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2012
      Hello, Birders,

      The Shearwater Journeys' Monterey pelagic trip report for August 10, 2012 can be found at:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/08/trip-report-august-10-2012-monterey-bay.html

      Beautiful images by Beth Hamel of seabirds on August 10, 2012 can be found at:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/08/august-10-2012-images-of-day-by-beth.html

      You don't need any excuse to get out on a boat� it has been fabulous birding out there! Just check our trip reports!
      (Trip report for August 12, Half Moon Bay coming soon).

      The marine forecast could not be better for Monterey Bay this Friday, August 17th. Spaces are available. We're finally seeing the ocean "relaxation period."

      Some of our most exciting trips are coming up, with some of the nation's top seabird leaders:

      AUG 22, BODEGA BAY with Jon Dunn, Steve Howell, Peter Pyle, Lisa Hug & Debi Shearwater
      AUG 24 FORT BRAGG with Jon Dunn, Todd McGrath, Lisa Hug & Debi Shearwater
      AUG 25 FORT BRAGG with Todd McGrath, Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, Lisa Hug & Debi Shearwater

      This is prime time for searching for Hawaiian Petrel on all three of the above trips. There is over 1000 FORK-TAILED STORM-PETRELS at Bodega Canyon, right now. View Todd McGrath's exquisite images from a recent Bodega Bay trip at:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/08/bodega-bays-recent-seabirds.html

      Seabirding has been quite good for this early in the fall season. I hope to see you out there!
      Real birds eat squid,
      Debi

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      Birding Down Under: SubAntarctic Islands, November 10 - 28, 2014 with Debi