Sage grouse images from Bodie

  • allen.hirsch
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2012
      I attended the "Friends of Bodie" Day this past weekend. As I was wandering among the outdoor artifacts at Bodie (the high desert ghost town), I was surprised to find two young female grouse in amongst the sage and brush:

      http://allenh.zenfolio.com/p643193516

      I don't know how common they are in the high desert, but these are a first for me.
    • Steve Sosensky
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2012
        Greater Sage-Grouse are fairly common around Bodie in the fall. They can often be seen at the intersection of Main and Green Sts early in the morning and in the sage near the junk yard and the cemetery once people come into the town.
        Steve Sosensky
        Aliso Viejo
        818-522-5261