Re: Monteray Bay

  • David Bush
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2012
      My father-in-law and I were at Bolsa Chica today and had the pleasure of witnessing quite a few good birds today. The Reddish Egret was dashingly strutting its fishing skills as a couple of Ruddy Turnstones fought for camera time. We went back and forth with whether we were seeing an American Golden-Plover or a Black-bellied Plover until we both saw the white rump. It was a Black-bellied Plover; a first for me. Cheers, Dad.
      Also a first:
      Savannah Sparrow
      Greater Yellowleg
      Least Sandpiper
      Reddish Egret
      Belted Kingfisher
      Semipalmated Plover
      Ruddy Turnstone
      Elegant Tern
      Short-billed Dowitcher

      It's so awesome to get out to Bolsa Chica. Happy birding
      Sincerely,
      David M. Bush
      SHG, AFG
      Glendale, CA