Monteray Bay

  • sailorgirlinconecticut
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2012
      I did a whale watch yestday, of course bird watching too

      Birds
      Heermann's Gull
      Western Gull
      Californa Gull
      Nesting White Winged Scotor
      Red Necked Pharolope (spelling)
      Brown Pelican
      Pink Footed Shearwater
      Brandts Cormorant
      Elegant Tern
      Parasitic Jaeger
      Common murre (Alot of Father child pairs) out on the water

      I was told this was RARE to see IN monteray Bay itself, we were 2-3 miles offshore.

      Layson Albatross

      Nikki Perkins
      Redding, CA
    • David Bush
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2012
        My father-in-law and I were at Bolsa Chica today and had the pleasure of witnessing quite a few good birds today. The Reddish Egret was dashingly strutting its fishing skills as a couple of Ruddy Turnstones fought for camera time. We went back and forth with whether we were seeing an American Golden-Plover or a Black-bellied Plover until we both saw the white rump. It was a Black-bellied Plover; a first for me. Cheers, Dad.
        Also a first:
        Savannah Sparrow
        Greater Yellowleg
        Least Sandpiper
        Reddish Egret
        Belted Kingfisher
        Semipalmated Plover
        Ruddy Turnstone
        Elegant Tern
        Short-billed Dowitcher

        It's so awesome to get out to Bolsa Chica. Happy birding
        Sincerely,
        David M. Bush
        SHG, AFG
        Glendale, CA