Return of the Northern Gannet

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2012
      Howdy, CalBirders,

      Just a quick update:

      There has been 2 cancellations for the previously sold out Shearwater Journeys' Farallon Islands trip, departing at 7:15 am, tomorrow, August 5th, from Clipper Yacht Harbor, Sausalito. The trip is $157 per person + $2 parking and $13 fuel surcharge. We might return anywhere from 4- 5:30 pm, flexible return time. If you would like to book these places, please contact me by email: debi@....

      The NORTHERN GANNET HAS RETURNED! It was reported to me that the gannet returned, yesterday, after being absent since July 8th.

      PLEASE NOTE: Shearwater Journeys' trip is a birding trip. Although, we would welcome seeing any marine life in our path, including whales, our first and primary focus will be seeing tufted puffins and other breeding seabirds on the island, and, of course, the gannet! This gannet is an historical record and we hope to very much be a part of it! Last year, we saw a brown booby.

      Sulids forever,
      Debi

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      High Arctic: Polar Bears, Walrus & Seabirds: 8 - 18 July 2013, charter with Debi