Riverside County Summer reports for NAB

  • Chet McGaugh
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012
      Thanks to all who have birded and reported birds in Riverside County and during the 2012 summer season (June-July). As expected, the Southeastern California Rare Bird Alert/Tom Benson (thanks!) and the inlandcountybirds site has efficiently kept up with the season. Again, THANKS to everyone who has reported birds to inlandcountybirds, or Calbirds, or to eBirds, or to Tom Benson and the RBA, and to those who make timely phone calls to get the word out. As the birding season has turned over to fall, I will be compiling Riverside County records for "North American Birds" and submitting these to the regional editors, Guy McCaskie and Kimball Garrett.

      If you're an eBirder you have surely noticed how many lists (thousands!) are submitted. It is a tremendous database, and getting better all the time but don't assume that once you have submitted an eBird list your good bird will make it into "North American Birds," the journal of ornithological record. If you have a sighting that you think is significant please report it to me via email, phone, or regular mail:

      Chet McGaugh

      194 W. Broadbent Dr

      Riverside, California 92507

      chetmgaugh@...

      chetmcgaugh@...

      951 781-3699

      951 634-9764 (cell)

      Please refer to Guy McCaskie's message regarding reporting protocols and note that reports need to be submitted to him before 22 August. I ask that submissions to me be made by 20 August so I have time to complete the Riverside County report. I encourage photographers to submit photos (jpegs please) of significant species.