Re: [CALBIRDS] Greater Sage Grouse

  • Nick & Mary Freeman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2012
      Hi Birders

      During my winter fieldtrip, we come across displaying birds near
      Crowley Lake in the Owens Valley of the eastern Siera. I've also
      heard many birders nabbing their lifers at Bodie. A population exists
      in the White Mountains though we've not explored that area. Males
      will get together after the breeding season and forage around sage
      flats while the females raise the young. Brian's suggestion of ebird
      will probably be a great way to locate the reports and allow you to
      plan your journey to find these great birds.

      Good luck!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA