Eastern Kingbird - Warner Mountains

  • wl_rockey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2012
      Hello everyone,
      On Monday July 16 my wife and I observed an EASTERN KINGBIRD at Blue
      Lake in the Warner Mountains (Lassen county). The bird was actively
      foraging right along the lakeshore at the northwest corner of the lake.
      Interestingly, I see on ebird that EAKI was reported from the same
      locality in summer 2009.
      Here's a link to the ebird checklist with a couple photos of the
      kingbird:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S11178205
      <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S11178205>
      Other interesting birds in the region included a BURROWING OWL on a
      fence post in Modoc county on county road 18 along with a group of
      SHORT-EARED OWLS at dusk on the 16th. On the 17th we saw a FERRUGINOUS
      HAWK at the south end of Dorris Reservoir near Alturas.
      Good birding,Will RockeyEsparto, CA