bird photos requested for book

  • Ken Burton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2012
      I am writing a photographic guide to common birds of northwest California, to be published by Redwood Region Audubon Society, the northwest California chapter. We are seeking high-quality photos of the following:

      juvenile Brant
      1st-winter male White-winged Scoter
      nonbreeding and breeding male Red-breasted Merganser
      juvenile and adult nonbreeding Pacific Loon
      adult Sharp-shinned Hawk
      juvenile and adult Peregrine Falcon
      juvenile Virginia Rail
      1st-winter and adult nonbreeding Herring Gull
      1st-winter, 2nd-winter, and adult nonbreeding Glaucous-winged Gull
      adult Vaux’s Swift
      juvenile and adult Pacific-slope Flycatcher
      juvenile Hutton’s Vireo
      female Black-throated Gray Warbler
      female Hermit Warbler
      post-juvenile Lincoln’s Sparrow
      female Lazuli Bunting
      female Purple Finch
      juvenile Red Crossbill

      Birds should be shown in their entirety, with diagnostic features well displayed and little if any cropping required. No hand-held or dead birds. Photos may have been taken anywhere but subjects should not differ recognizably from northwest California forms.

      We cannot offer compensation beyond photo credit in the book.

      Please send high-resolution photos singly to lescopes@.... File names should indicate species and plumage. Your message should indicate the name by which you want to be credited.

      Many thanks for your assistance!

      Ken Burton
      Arcata CA