Skip to search.

San Luis Obispo County Pelagic Trip

  • Michael D. Stiles
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2012
      WHEN: Saturday, September 29
      TIME: 7:00am - 3:00pm
      WHERE: Out of Avila Beach/Port San Luis
      COST: $110

      It's time once again for our annual Morro Coast Audubon pelagic trip.

      We will depart from Port San Luis on the 65' Pacific Horizon for an eight hour birding excursion and will stay in San Luis Obispo County waters. The boat has a hot galley and food will be available.

      Leaders again this year are the eminently qualified Brad Schram and Tom Edell.

      We are offering a free ride to anyone wishing to spend the day chumming with popcorn and dripping fish oil to attract the tubenosed birds out there. First one to ask me has the job, with the caveat that you cannot leave the stern.

      Please email Mike Stiles <mstiles@...> to receive information and sign-up sheets. You will be placed on the passenger list in the order in which I receive your check and sign-up form. Beat the rush. Sign up today.

      Thank you
      Mike Stiles
      Los Osos
    • Michael D. Stiles
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2016

        When: Sunday, September 4
        Where: Morro Bay Landing
        Time: 6:00-am-4:00pm
        Price: $115

        Join us for our annual pelagic trip sponsored by the Morro Coast Audubon Society led by the fantastic three Tom Edell, Brad Schram, and Curtis Marantz. This is an earlier than usual trip so I suggest get your applications in early.

        Send me an email <mstiles@...> for an application. I will place you on the manifest in the order in which I receive your completed application and check.

        Our goal is to reach the Santa Lucia Bank. We will be on the Endeavor which is capable of reaching that prime birding spot, as the weather and seas will allow.

        Thank you,
        Mike Stiles
        Los Osos