Where to bird in Mammoth Lakes Area?

  • Louis Libert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15 6:42 PM
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm going to be in staying in the Mammoth Lakes area for 7 days starting next Saturday June 23. I emailed this list before last year's Mammoth Lakes trip and everyone was very helpful. Does anyone have recommendations of good places to bird around there? Some birds I'm looking for:

      Calliope Hummingbird
      Gray-crowned Rosy Finch
      Sage and Blue Grouse
      Western Screech Owl
      Virginia Warbler
      Pine Grosbeak
      Northern Goshawk
      Mountain Quail
      White-tailed Ptarmigan

      Also I've never seen a Black Bear.

      Also - is there an email list I could join for that area? Are there any organized bird walks in the area during June 23 - 30?

      Thanks again for your help,
      Louis Libert
      Oakland, CA