Pelagic Trips For All

    Howdy, Seabirders, If you long to hear the beep of a pink-footed shearwater as it lands in the wake, or witness the dynamic soaring of a black-footed
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2012
      Howdy, Seabirders,

      If you long to hear the "beep" of a pink-footed shearwater as it lands in the wake, or witness the dynamic soaring of a black-footed albatross � Shearwater Journeys has some 36 trips on offer this year, spanning July 28 through November 20, the most extensive offering of pelagic trips on the West coast. We welcome newcomers and regulars alike. The friendly, inclusive atmosphere of our trips, legendary leaders and a host of "rare" seabird records for both California and North America, has contributed to over three decades of success.

      Continuing the tradition of offering pelagic trips from Monterey since 1976, the Shearwater Journeys' full schedule can be found at:
      Note that spaces are currently available on all trips, except for the September 30th Farallon Islands trip which is SOLD OUT.
      Limited spaces are available on some trips. Please book early.

      Shearwater Journeys' trips cover the following California Counties: Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Mateo, San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Mendocino, and sometimes, Humboldt. Some trips cover two counties in one day.

      For more information on our Monterey Bay, Monterey Seavalley and Albacore trips, please see:

      For more information about our departures from Half Moon Bay, which are very convenient for folks who live in the San Francisco, East Bay and San Jose areas, please see:

      For more information about our August 5th trip to the Farallon Islands, departing from Sausalito, please see:
      Limited spaces are still available on this departure.

      Since 1980, we have offered outstanding trips departing from Bodega Bay. Please see this link for information:

      For more information about our departures from Fort Bragg, targeting the Hawaiian Petrel, please see:

      Whether you are a beginner, or an old salt, there is something for everyone. Every year is different. Let's see what's out there this fall. Its crazy, but I dreamed we saw a light-mantled albatross last night!

      Shearwaters forever,

      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024

      High Arctic: Polar Bears, Walrus & Seabirds: 8 - 18 July 2013, charter with Debi