FARALLON ISLANDS PELAGIC TRIPS: 5 AUG & 30 SEP

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2012
      Howdy, Seabirders,

      Spaces are still available on the Sunday, August 5th Farallon pelagic trip departing from Sausalito at 7 a.m. on the "Outer Limits," a fast and stable vessel. Shearwater Journeys and Golden Gate Audubon have co-operated on this trip for many years. Leaders include Gerry McChesney and Debi Shearwater, with additional leaders to be announced. We will return about 3-4:30 p.m. Full trip details can be found at: http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012_02_01_archive.html
      Also see: http://www.goldengateaudubon.org/field-trips/upcoming-field-trips-2012/

      We have a 100% success rate in finding tufted puffins on the August trip. Highlights of the 2011 trip included a brown booby and Laysan albatross. Read the trip report at:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2011/08/trip-report-august-7-2011-farallon.html

      To read the 2010 trip report see: http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2010/08/trip-report-august-8-2010-farallon.html
      Humpback, blue, fin and killer whales were some of the marine mammal highlights on this trip.

      The September 30th trip to the Farallon Islands, a co-operative trip with the Western Field Ornithologists' (WFO) meeting in Petaluma, is sold out and "wait list" at this time. This trip will also depart from Sausalito on the "Outer Limits." Leaders on this trip include: Russ Bradley, Annie Schwartz, Peter Pyle & Debi Shearwater. For more information about the WFO meeting please see:
      http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/conference.php

      Please note that landing on the islands is not permitted by anyone. We usually have lunch at the islands with the backdrop of thousands of calling seabirds, feeding their young. This trip takes place in San Francisco County, for those who are county birders.

      Celebrate the Golden Gate Bridge's 75th anniversary by riding underneath it on a seabirding boat! trip! Please make reservations as soon as possible, as the August trip always sells out, in advance. I can be reached by email: debi@.... Please reply off list.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      High Arctic: Polar Bears, Walrus & Seabirds: 8 - 18 July 2013, charter with Debi