Yellow/Orange-headed Blackbird

  • mr_storey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2002
      I just returned from Mono Lake where we observed a number of Yellow-
      headed Blackbirds. Several of the Yellow-headed Blackbirds were
      actually not yellow but rather orange in color. Is anyone aware of
      why this color difference in the Yellow-headed Blackbirds at Mono
      Lake? We suspect it is due to diet but would like to know if anyone
      knows something definitive. I will post a picture to this discussion
      group so any who are interested can see what I am referring to.

      Thanks,

      Ron Storey
      http://home.attbi.com/~rastorey/