Monterey Birding - is there a Yahoo Group or the like?

  • Nathan Dias
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2002
      Hi folks.

      Is there a Yahoo Group or similar web-based email
      forum for Monterey birding like CALBIRDS, SFBIRDS or
      NORTHBAYBIRDS? On the web, I can only find the
      Monterey RBA transcript and Don Roberson's excellent
      site (which though great, is a 1-way street).

      I tried finding such a forum under Yahoo Groups, but
      their search feature is lousy. Even knowing of
      SFBIRDS' existance, it is tough to make the
      YahooGroups search engine cough it up...

      Nate Dias

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • Steve Sosensky
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2002
        Nathan and Calbirders,

        There is a wealth of information on the Calbirds website. Click on the
        Files and Bookmarks links and familiarize yourself with the contents. In
        Bookmarks, there is a link to the page on Joe Morlan's California Birding
        website which contains links to all the California listservers.

        At 05:55 AM 2002-05-08 -0700, Nathan Dias wrote:
        >Is there a Yahoo Group or similar web-based email
        >forum for Monterey birding like CALBIRDS, SFBIRDS or
        >NORTHBAYBIRDS? On the web, I can only find the
        >Monterey RBA transcript and Don Roberson's excellent
        >site (which though great, is a 1-way street).
        >
        >I tried finding such a forum under Yahoo Groups, but
        >their search feature is lousy. Even knowing of
        >SFBIRDS' existance, it is tough to make the
        >YahooGroups search engine cough it up...

        Good birding,
        Steve <mailto:steve@...> for general use

        10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
        Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34*09'02" N, 118*22'47" W
        SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22