Dead Owls along I-5

  • Nancy Kenyon
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2012
      Thank you for the many replies I received about the owls
      being killed along I-5 in the central valley. Sadly, there
      doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it.

      Nancy Kenyon
      Irvine
    • Bob & Carol Yutzy
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2012
        Might be a neat article explaining the problem in a local magazine or
        Newspaper article (Sac Bee or ?)

        That might get a grant/student research project or something that might
        help with answers and possible fixes.

        Bob Yutzy
        Shasta, CA

        --
        Bob& Carol Yutzy
        Shasta, CA

      • Zachary Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2012
          Some work has been done on this. I can't find the whole article, as it was
          part of a conference. One of these guys did work through UC Davis on the
          issue...which is pretty serious.

          http://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=475856

          Zach Smith
          Davis, Ca.

          On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Might be a neat article explaining the problem in a local magazine or
          > Newspaper article (Sac Bee or ?)
          >
          > That might get a grant/student research project or something that might
          > help with answers and possible fixes.
          >
          > Bob Yutzy
          > Shasta, CA
          >
          > On 5/15/2012 9:38 AM, Nancy Kenyon wrote:
          > > Thank you for the many replies I received about the owls
          > > being killed along I-5 in the central valley. Sadly, there
          > > doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it.
          > >
          > > Nancy Kenyon
          > > Irvine

          > > For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit My
          > these addresses:
          > > Turn off email delivery: mailto:CALBIRDS-nomail@yahoogroups.com
          > > Resume email delivery: mailto:CALBIRDS-normal@yahoogroups.com
          > >
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Bob& Carol Yutzy
          > Shasta, CA

        • Steve Hampton
          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2012
            It's not just an issue in the lowlands. Some work a few years ago on Bald Eagles up Feather River Canyon (I think) found several dead Saw-Whet Owls in their eyries, presumably picked up by the eagles as roadkill.

            Steve Hampton, Ph.D.
            ________________
            Resource Economist
            Office of Spill Prevention and Response
            California Dept of Fish and Game
            PO Box 944209
            Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
            -----------------------------------
            (916) 323-4724 phone
            (916) 324-8829 fax

            >>> Zachary Smith <zsgavilan@...> 5/15/2012 2:13 PM >>>
            Some work has been done on this. I can't find the whole article, as it was
            part of a conference. One of these guys did work through UC Davis on the
            issue...which is pretty serious.

            http://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=475856

            Zach Smith
            Davis, Ca.

            On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Might be a neat article explaining the problem in a local magazine or
            > Newspaper article (Sac Bee or ?)
            >
            > That might get a grant/student research project or something that might
            > help with answers and possible fixes.
            >
            > Bob Yutzy
            > Shasta, CA
            >
            > On 5/15/2012 9:38 AM, Nancy Kenyon wrote:
            > > Thank you for the many replies I received about the owls
            > > being killed along I-5 in the central valley. Sadly, there
            > > doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it.
            > >
            > > Nancy Kenyon
            > > Irvine

            > > For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit My
            > these addresses:
            > > Turn off email delivery: mailto:CALBIRDS-nomail@yahoogroups.com
            > > Resume email delivery: mailto:CALBIRDS-normal@yahoogroups.com
            > >
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links