Fw: White Eyed Vireo at Ken Malloy Harbor Regional Park, Wilmington, CA YES

  • john small
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2012
      Good Evening Bird Chatters across the country, and birders in SoCal. After learning fromMartin Byhower, yesterday( Sunday 5-13-12 Mothers Day of course), a local bird field tripleader in Los Angeles County/San Pedro/South Bay area, that during his 2nd Sunday fieldto Ken Malloy Harbor Regional Park. That the most significant bird that he and his participants spotted was a White Eyed Vireo in the very most southern area of the park, adjacent to a Boy Scout camp in some Brazilian Pepper trees.

       Today, Monday(5-14-12) I went to find the vireo. And after a period of time, eventuallyrelocated the vireo.I spotted the bird in a pepper tree about 175 yards past the locked concrete restrooms. I think the bird moves around a lot. Where I located the vireo was just2 picnic tables and a trash can in a pepper tree about 50 to 75 past that location. The pepper tree where I had the vireo is adjacent to a fire pit surrounded by 6 logs and 5 2 and3 quarters to 3 foot log stumps in vertical position.

       Also to the left of the pepper tree, is a green metal pole sticking up of the ground bent tothe right in a c type position. Also to the right of the tree across a utility trail is a small(nopun intended) marked over sign. Other birds of note in the park, were 2 Yellow Warblersboth females, 2 Marsh Wrens 2 Song Sparrows, hundreds of House Finches, hundredsof Great Tailed Grackles, as well a number of usual suspects, Mallards, Coots, Pied BilledGrebes, Snowy Egrets 1 Great Blue Heron, Western Bluebirds, Tree & Rough WingedSwallows.

       Not a bad day for a guy(me) whom was just operated on for Colo/Rectal Cancer 2 monthsbefore. Well that's my input for today(Monday 5-14-12)

      Good Birding Everyone

      John SmallTorrance,CA