Yellow-throated Vireo in Shipley Nature Center at HCP (forward)

  • Christopher Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2012
      Forwarded from OrangeCountyBirding:

      This morning at 8:45 A.M. in Shipley Nature Center at Huntington Central
      Park, I observed a Yellow-throated Vireo. It was located in the
      northeast area of Shipley Nature Center and across the channel. From the
      entrance, take the path to the left and follow to the back of Shipley
      where it parallels the channel and then stop at a pine tree along the
      path and look toward the houses across the channel. The bird was first
      seen just across channel in a tree feeding on small orange fruit with a
      Warbling Vireo, Cassin's and Western Kingbirds, Bullock's and Hooded
      Orioles, Cedar Waxwings, and House Finches. It then flew into Shipley
      where it was in a willow for approximately 2 minutes before it flew
      deeper into Shipley and I lost it.

      Steve Morris
      HB

      --