Monterey Seabirds, Sunday May 20

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2012
      Ahoy Seabirders,

      Monterey Seabirds will be venturing out to sea in three weeks on Sunday,
      May 20. This is the only trip running out of Monterey this spring. Our
      prior spring trips have yielded such rarities as MURPHY'S PETRELS
      (2009), HORNED and TUFTED PUFFINS (2007), LAYSAN (2010) and SHORT-TAILED
      ALBATROSSES (2007). Trip reports at:
      http://montereyseabirds.com/SeabirdTripReports.htm

      AL Jaramillo has reported a spectacular season for MANX SHEARWATERS in
      Chile this year, they were seen on nearly every pelagic out of
      Valparaiso starting in February. They should be heading northward. It
      will be interesting to see if they show up here in Monterey Bay this spring.

      We have also had good luck in seeing transient-type Killer Whales on our
      spring trips. This May trip will be taking place during the peak time
      for seeing them out of Monterey.

      Online registration and details can be found on our website:
      http://www.montereyseabirds.com or you can call and reserve your spot:
      831 375 4658.
      Cost is $130 pp.

      We've got a Facebook page up too if you care to visit.

      Roger that
      Soquel Canyon, CA