April 28 Santa Barbara Pelagic - Weathered Out.

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 7:29 PM
      Birders,

      The weather forecast for Saturday's Santa Barbara pelagic has been marginal for the last couple of days. The Thursday afternoon NOAA update has worsened, and Capt Matt has decided to weather out the trip.

      We made it out the last two years and saw Murphy's Petrels on both trips, with good numbers of Cook's Petrels on one trip. Both Cook's and Murphy's have been seen off CA already this spring,so it is disappointing to have to weather the trip.

      Our next deepwater trip is July 21, and while we don't see Murphy's Petrels in July, we have had some spectacular numbers of Cook's Petrels then, as well as lots of other goodies. The weather is usually much more cooperative in July. Call the Sealanding at 888-77Whale to sign-up or visit socalbirding.com for information on all SoCal pelagics.

      Todd McGrath
      SKUA@...
      Calabasas CA