Buttterbredt Broadbill Belated Report

  • Richard Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2002
      We had a Broad-billed hummingbird at Butterbredt Springs (near Mojave)
      about 10 a.m. on April 29. The female had a clearly down curved mostly
      red bill, a gray breast and a small white line behind the eye. Birding
      was a bit slow when we arrived at 9, but migrants were clearly moving
      through. Also saw Black-throated Gray, Nashville and Orange Crowned
      Warblers, several Black-headed Grosbeaks and several Ashies.

      --
      Richard C. Carlson
      Full-time Birder, Biker & Skier