9106Brown Shrike

  • Steve Huckabone
    Feb 19 10:01 AM
      This morning Debbie and I arrived at the high dune overlooking the south pond at about 8:20. A visiting birder from Maryland had the Brown Shrike in the scope and had been watching the bird for about 45 minutes. We had satisfying looks for about 15-20 minutes before the bird disappered. About 30 minutes later after the Maryland birder departed we spotted the Brown Shrike about 2/3 the distance back to the Mad River. The bird was promintly perched and hunting. We watched it for anther 15-20 minutes before is disappeard.
      Good birding.

      Steve Huckabone
      Livermore, CA
      Alameda County