      From: Glen Tepke <g.tepke@...>
      To: CalBirds <calbirds@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Nov 7, 2010 6:05 am
      Subject: [CALBIRDS] more Ivory Gull photos

      Here are some photos of the Grover Beach Ivory Gull taken early
      afternoon yesterday, mostly during a brief break in the rain:

      http://www.pbase.com/gtepke/ivory_gull_101106

      On the page there are also some links to information on the conservation
      status of this species. It seems to have been lost in the excitement
      over this sighting that the species as a whole is declining
      precipitously and may become one of the first casualties of climate
      change in the arctic.

      Glen Tepke
      Oakland
      g.tepke (at) comcast (dot) net