8627Central Valley Birding Symposium

  • Cheri Pillsbury
    Sep 2, 2010
      Hey, fellow bird lovers!  It’s time to get ready for the 14th Annual Central
      Valley Birding Symposium to be held at the Hilton in Stockton, CA, Nov. 18-21,
      2010.  Sponsored by the Central Valley Bird Club, we've won a reputation for
      throwing quite an event.

      This year for our evening programs we have amazing photographer and author Paul
      Bannick giving a program based on his book and research into “The Owls and
      Woodpeckers of the West”.  Author of dozens of books and articles and
      award-winning photographer Moose Petersen will give a presentation on
      “California’s Threatened and Endangered Birds”.

      Workshops include Jon Dunn on sparrows and Joe Morlan’s shorebird ID workshop
      focusing on loons and grebes.  There are many others, ranging from Central
      Valley Raptors to Beginning Birding and digiscoping to bird sketching.

      Our field trips always turn up exciting birds.  Add in the always entertaining
      and educational Bird ID Panel, the wonderful display of art and gifts for
      yourself or others at the Birder’s Market and the camaraderie of hundreds of
      like-minded folks, and you know you’ll have a good time!

      For more information or registration go to the website at www.cvbs.org or
      contact Frances Oliver at hummer52@...   The hottest field trips fill
      up really fast, so don't hesitate.  See you there!

      Cheri Pillsbury
      Central Valley Birding Symposium