      From: William Bouton <bbouton@...>
      To: Birding SLOCo <slocobirding@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Aug 31, 2010 8:33 pm
      Subject: [slocobirding] Bar-tailed Godwit, Tuesday

      Hi All,
      After walking the round trip 6-7 miles of Montana de Oro Sandspit on Sunday
      ithout success, and spending Monday morning in a kayak on the Morro Bay Estuary
      ithout success, the BAR-TAILED GODWIT and I finally crossed paths late this
      fternoon. Perhaps it was Marlin Harms who accompanied me today who was my good
      uck charm!
      It was quite foggy, but winds were light and the temperature was in the 60s.
      his time we had only to walk as far as (approximately) km 2.5. At
      pproximately 4pm we found the godwit. I've often thought that many birds are
      reatures of habit and, interestingly, we found the bird at approximately the
      ame time of day as its original finder, Jim Royer discovered it on Saturday.
      My photos may be viewed at:

      arlin's excellent images (taken from different angles than mine) can be viewed

      ill Bouton
      an Luis Obisopo, CA

      Message archives and group home page can be found at:
      roups Links
      Individual Email | Traditional