8227Re: [CALBIRDS] Kings Co. Lesser Black-backed Gull

  • Steve Hampton
    Nov 17 11:19 AM
      Isn't this second winter? I think I see "adult gray" in the back.

      Steve Hampton
      Resource Economist
      Office of Spill Prevention and Response
      California Dept of Fish and Game
      PO Box 944209
      Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
      (916) 323-4724 phone
      (916) 324-8829 fax

      >>> "woodshots" <woodshots@...> 11/16/2009 7:16 PM >>>
      On my way back from seeing my lifer Nelson's Sparrow this morning at Morro Bay I decided to check out the ponds at Jersey and Kent along Hwy 41 in Kings county and I found a gull in the south pond that I believe is a first winter Lesser Black-backed Gull. When I left at 4:40 it was still there but Mark Stacey couldn't locate it as it was getting dark this evening so hopefully it will be back. There had been 75 Bonapartes Gulls in the ponds as well that Mark didn't notice so maybe all the gulls are roosting somewhere else. I put 3 photos of the bird in the gulls photo folder here. Good luck if you go looking for it! Gary Woods-Fresno

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic