      From: lilithm3@... [mailto:lilithm3@...]
      To edstonick@...
      Sent: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:26 AM (PDT)
      Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Re: [CALBIRDS] Western Scrub Jay populations in California [5.2K]

      Well, I certainly can attest to the fact that there has been no decrease in House Finch populations in downtown Fullerton (I live 2 blocks west of downtown) or in the neighborhood around Lakeview and Santa Ana River in Anaheim Hills. Going down Riverdale, near Orange Olive, about two miles west of Lakeview, I saw a Western Scrub Jay on the chain link fence a couple days ago despite the "relandscaping" of ripping out bushes all along the riverbed and replacing them with boulders. The corvid population has remained fairly stable in both areas as well, although I saw some dead crows at Riverdale Park a couple of years ago.

      Sue Jorgenson
      Fullerton/Anaheim