7321American Golden-Plover, Pt. Mugu Naval Base

  • Adam searcy
    Jul 7, 2008
      Hello all,
      This afternoon on the West side of the Pt. Mugu naval base, there was an adult male AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER in alternate plumage. This bird apparently arrived with a large influx of shorebirds this morning. Numbers have been relatively constant the last few days, but this morning several hundred Western Sandpipers, and at least one-thousand Wilson's Phalaropes arrived, with some Greater and Lesser Yellow-legs mixed in. I will attempt to re-find and photograph the Plover again tomorrow (I had no camera today.)

      The alternate HORNED GREBE continued in Mugu Lagoon at least through yesterday (6.July) and a Black Oystercatcher was seen this morning, a rather uncommon species at this location.

      Adam Searcy
      Camarillo