6688Re: [CALBIRDS] The Elitist

  • surteesdn@aol.com
    Oct 5, 2007
      In a message dated 10/4/07 10:12:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      lilithm3@... writes:

      > if a possibility is
      > posted in Area XYZ, whether that area is accessible or not, then I'd
      > think it would alert us to the **possibility** of a Rara Avis lurking in
      > the general locality; it would then encourage us to keep our eyes open
      > for said possibility.
      >
      > So -- post away, I say!

      And that's the most cogent reason for posting all suspected rarities
      -- if the area the bird was in is sensitive, say so and caution birders of any
      restrictions. Don't just keep it for your 'birding buddies'. That's rude!

      Dave Surtees
      Hollywood
      <BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's new at http://www.aol.com</HTML>