5662RE: Ross's Gull update - Sunday 11/19/06

  • John Green
    Nov 19, 2006
      Birders,

      I arrived in mid-afternoon Sunday and stayed until dark. The Ross's Gull
      did not return during that time, or at any time after the early morning
      sightings noted below. Many just missed it in the morning and spent the
      whole day there. As a consolation prize, one of the Lesser Black-backed
      Gulls was refound in late afternoon, as was the Piping Plover.

      Anyone refinding the Ross's Gull, please call the So Cal Birdbox (818)
      952-5502 (5) if you can't get a message to the internet. There are a lot of
      disappointed people (like me) who would love a second chance, and the sooner
      the word gets out, the better!

      Thanks,

      John Green

      Riverside, CA