      From: CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Sasha Keyel
      Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:06 AM
      To: calbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CALBIRDS] Pelagic trips

      Hello,

      I will be moving to southern California (south of LA) in early October
      (first free weekend will be the weekend of the 14th), and have a few
      questions.

      First, where can I find more information on upcoming pelagic trips? I
      would be very interested in going on a pelagic trip, having never seen
      a shearwater, petrel, or most of the other pelagic species in CA (not
      too many of them get to Wisconsin).

      Second, I am very interested in hearing or seeing a black rail; where
      are the best places to listen/look for them, and what times of the
      year is it likely to hear/see them?

      I apologize if these are topics discussed in a recent post.

      Thanks for your help,
      Sasha Keyel
      Trabuco Canyon (in a few weeks anyhow)

      these addresses: