495Re: [CVBirds] Rusty Blackbird

  • Mike Feighner
    Nov 29, 2001
      Central Valley Birders, County Birders, and yes CALBIRDSERS:

      county spreadsheet. Rusty Blackbird in Sutter County is missing from the file. This Rusty Blackbird is either a
      first county record for Sutter County or it has simply been overlooked in the past, but there is one there now.
      Including CALBIRDS on this since Rusty Blackbird is a CBRC species.

      Todd Easterla wrote:

      > Hey,
      >
      > Today in Sutter County I saw a female Rusty Blackbird off Pleasant Grove
      > Road. The bird was in a harvested rice stubble field along with a mixture of
      > other blackbirds. It was half way between Marcum Rd (which is Nicholas) and
      > Stripplin Rd ( or Moore Rd). The bird was between eight or nine tenths of a
      > mile from either road on Pleasant Grove Rd. There are quite a few blackbirds
      > in this general area but I think that it can be relocated. There are some
      > large silos and rice dryers at the intersections of Pleasant Grove Rd and
      > Stripplin Rd. The bird could be in this area as well as there were other
      > blackbirds concentrated in this area as well. Hopefully the blackbirds are
      > roosting in this immediate area and not flying off to roost.
      >
      > Todd Easterla
      >
      > Todd Easterla (county twitcher)
      > todtringa@...
      > Rancho Cordova, Ca.
      > (916) 638-7007

      Mike Feighner, Livermore, CA, Alameda County
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic