      From: "Bruce Deuel" <bdeuel@...>
      To: <CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com>; <sbcobirding@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 9:54 AM
      Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] FW: [slocobirding] Baikal Teal (SBCo) Update

      > Greetings all,
      > Regarding the suggestion that this bird is molting into eclipse plumage, I
      respectfully submit that dabbling duck males go into eclipse in early-mid
      summer as soon as they finish breeding activity. This bird is either a
      young bird still molting into alternate plumage or an adult still coming out
      of eclipse. Most dabblers should have finished this molt by now, but some
      can be very late - note the shoveler in Jim Greaves' third picture, which is
      doing the same thing.

      > Cheers,
      > Bruce Deuel
      > Redding

      > Here is some more Baikal Teal info, posted by Brad Schram on the San Luis
      > Obispo County email list. It includes some alternate directions for people
      > coming from the north along the coast, and some more exact directions in
      > regard to finding the plant once you hit Burton Mesa Rd.
      >
      > Dave Compton
      > Santa Barbara

      Service.

      these addresses: