4183Watsonville Slough

  • Terry Coddington
    Jul 1, 2005
      Hi, to all
      A somewhat tardy report on a recent trip to Monterey Bay: while visiting the newly-developed Watsonville Slough complex on June 23 (trails under construction, in part, but potentially interesting overviews of several Watsonville-area sloughs in Santa Clara County, I witnessed a fly-by of a small flock of great-tailed grackles (five or six). I suppose this is becoming a more regular sighting these days, wherever we are. Otherwise my interest was held by the downy young of American coots and pied-billed grebes.

      Terry Coddington
      Berkeley