3825Re: [CALBIRDS] Mystery Accipiter!

  • Bruce Deuel
    Feb 11, 2005
      skinny legs, no contrast between crown and the rest of the upperparts,
      narrow white tip to tail, I'd say Sharp-shin.
      Cheers,
      Bruce Deuel
      Redding

      >>> <MiriamEagl@...> 02/11/05 7:53 AM >>>

      Hi, all!

      I've posted a photo taken by a friend of a friend that was taken in Los

      Angeles (he didn't have a date), who was unsure of its ID. Looks like
      a Cooper's
      to me, but if those are golf balls he's standing on, then he's awfully
      tiny!
      John would be interested in your views, so if you reply, please hit
      "reply
      all" in your response; thanks. The photo is on the Calbirds Yahoo
      site under
      Raptors.

      Take care,

      Mary Beth Stowe
      San Diego, CA
      MiriamEagl@...
      _www.miriameaglemon.com_ (http://www.miriameaglemon.com)

      Membership and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank email
      to these addresses:

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic