3800RE: [CALBIRDS] Horned Puffins washing up off northern Calif

  • Steve Abbott
    Feb 2, 2005
      Steve and all,

      The following was posted to the East Bay Birds listserv on Jan 27th:

      "I work at Lindsay Wildlife Museum, a friend of mine thought that the people
      on this list might be interested to know that a Horned Puffin came into our
      wildlife hospital about 2 weeks ago. I don't know very much about it, it was
      left in the night box at animal control. The bird seemed to be healthy and
      was transfered to a facility in Solono county that handles sea birds. It
      came in during the storms we had so maybe was blown of course? We don't

      -Jackie Vaughan"

      Steve Abbott
      Placerville, CA