3745Pelagic trip announcement

  • les_lieurance
    Jan 12, 2005
      Debi Shearwater asked that this be forwarded while her email account
      is having some technical problems.
      **********************************

      Hello, Seabirders,

      Well, it had to stop raining sometime!! If you have the itch to get
      out on the ocean to check out the seabird scene, Shearwater Journeys
      has an all day pelagic trip on Sunday, January 30th. The boat will
      depart from Chris' Fishing Shop at 7 am and return about 3 pm. Winter
      can be an excellent time of year for a variety of seabirds. We will
      most likely see Black-footed Albatross; Northern Fulmar; Sooty,
      Short-tailed, and Pink-footed Shearwaters; Red Phalarope; up to 11
      species of gulls, including Black-legged Kittiwake; Pomarine Jaeger;
      Common Murre; Ancient Murrelet; Rhinoceros and Cassin's Auklets. Other
      possibilities include: Yellow-billed Loon (rare); Laysan and
      Short-tailed (very rare) Albatross; Flesh-footed Shearwater (3 were
      found on last year's January trip); Fork-tailed Storm-Petrel; and
      Masked Booby (very rare). Along the nearshore area, we'll search for a
      variety of loons, grebes, and scoters.

      To make a reservation, please contact Debra Shearwater by phone or
      email below.

      Enjoy the sunshine!

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi