3656RE: [CALBIRDS] RFI color banded Black-necked Stilt

  • John Green
    Nov 26, 2004
      Jeff and other birders,

      If you want to talk to a human, call the Banding Lab toll-free at
      1-800-327-BAND (2263) from anywhere in Canada, the United States and most
      parts of the Caribbean. To refuse to submit your data because they didn't
      get back to you is kind of selfish, and missing the point. Your valuable
      data will get to the proper person and be used for science whether or not
      you get an attaboy back. It's not a waste of time.

      Why didn't they get back to you? My guess is that the Banding Lab, like all
      government wildlife related agencies, is understaffed and underfunded. If
      you're mad about that, contact your representatives in Washington.

      John Green
      Riverside, CA

      PS The automated website is at
      http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/homepage/call800.htm