3655RFI color banded Black-necked Stilt

  • Jeff Bouton
    Nov 26, 2004
      All,

      I realize this isn't real timely news, but while in Irvine, CA in October for the So Cal Field Optics trials, I found a photographed a color-banded Black-necked Stilt. I was wondering if anyone knew of local color banding efforts so I can pass the pics on to the interested parties.

      Also before anyone passes on the information on the bird-banding lab's "automated" site to report color marked birds I'm aware of that already. In the past 1.5 years I've reported 3 individual birds to this site and have never heard anything so am not interested in wasting any time on this again. (3 strikes and out, that site is clearly a waste of time!)

      At any rate, if anyone knows of a human being who is conducting color-banding on Stilts in California who would be interested in this information. Please let me know.

      Thank you,

      Jeff Bouton
      Port Charlotte, FL
      jbouton2@...