2498Central Valley Birding Symposium

  • Cheri Pillsbury
    Sep 15, 2003
      Drum roll, please.........

      The brochures are in the mail, and you should be receiving them any day. If
      you can't wait (and who could blame you?) or you aren't on the mailing list,
      check out the website at http://cvbs.org

      Here's the promo, following which I'll announce a couple of changes to our
      usual format.

      The Central Valley Bird Club will be hosting the Seventh Annual Central
      Valley Birding Symposium Nov. 20-23, 2003 at the Radisson Hotel in Stockton,

      There will be field trips, workshops, a Birding Nature Fair and Art Show
      with over 25 vendors selling nature related items, etc.

      Jon Dunn will be giving a Sparrow ID workshop, Steve Howell a Hummingbird ID
      Workshop, and Kimball Garrett will tell us "Why Birders Should Care About

      The Keynote Speakers are: Ed Harper- A Passion for Birds", Keith Hansen-
      "The Farallons", and John Hendrickson- "California Raptors".

      This year we are adding a post-Symposium field trip. Jon Dunn and Steve
      Howell will take 25 people on a Gull ID trip to the Nimbus Fish Hatchery
      Monday the 24th. There is a $20 fee for this trip which will go towards our
      Scholarship Fund.

      Also, there are only 20 slots for Jon Dunn's Sparrow ID field trip on
      Friday. To be fair, we will hold a drawing on Nov. 1 for all the people who
      put it down as their number one choice of Friday field trips. That way,
      people who don't find out about it until they get their October "Birding"
      magazines or Audubon chapter newsletters will have an equal chance.

      Be there or be square,

      Cheri Pillsbury
      Central Valley Birding Symposium
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic