2Re: [CALBIRD] new calbird (long)

  • Steve Sosensky
    Jul 7, 2001
      At 08:07 PM 2001-07-07 -0700, D. Heindel wrote on Calbird:

      >Hi Calbirders,
      >
      >The new Yahoo Calbird rules are stated as:
      >
      >Banned topics are pet birds, virus warnings,
      >
      >commercial announcements or ads, and anything
      >
      > not related to birdwatching in California. Reports
      >
      > of rare birds anywhere in SoCal are welcome.
      > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      >So it seems as an example, an announcement about Condor
      >pelagic birding trips is not allowed, but rare bird reports
      >from them are. Is that the two-faced case?

      Not at all. Announcements of pelagic trips, or reports from them, are not
      only acceptable but desirable. You're also free to sell your old
      binoculars, cameras, and bird books on Calbirds. On the other hand, we
      won't take kindly to posting the LAAS Book Store Catalog complete with
      prices or the forty parrots you're raising in the back yard.

      These are the same policies that Calbird has. Use your common sense. If you
      go too far, we'll let you know.

      Good birding,
      Steve <mailto:steve@...>, <mailto:mobile@...>

      10834 Blix Street #213 818-508-4946
      Toluca Lake, CA 91602 34*09'02" N, 118*22'47" W
      SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22