11491RE: [CALBIRDS] Eureka Gull--massive LBBG?

  • Alvaro Jaramillo
    Aug 3 8:49 AM

      Tristan,

         The San Mateo Lesser BB was also a big huge one, it was found by Belgian biologists who studied Lesser Black-backed Gull (one of them Peter Adriens). They remarked about how big the bird was, but they thought it was a Lesser Black-backed. I don’t think that Peter thought it was a Heuglin’s but I could be wrong. Several of the CA Lessers have been big, not sure why.

      Alvaro

      Alvaro Jaramillo

      alvaro@...

      www.alvarosadventures.com