11464First Pelagic Trips of the Season + Photo Pelagic Trips

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Jul 15, 2014
      Howdy, Birders,

      Our first pelagic trips of the season are coming up very soon and we at Shearwater Journeys, could not be more excited to get you out there!
      Meet our leaders:

      Our leaders have deep knowledge of seabirds which they are delighted to share with you. Many of them have been with Shearwater Journeys for at least three decades. Most work in the the fields of biology, education and natural history interpretation. More than 40 leaders, spotters and chummers join our trips, working together more like a family than anything else.

      We have a stellar line up of leaders to start the season —

      HALF MOON BAY TRIPS:
      JULY 20: Peter Pyle, Jim Holmes, Al De Martini, Debi Shearwater
      JULY 26: Todd McGrath, Abe Borker, Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, Steve Tucker, Debi Shearwater
      AUGUST 2: Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, Abe Borker, Debi Shearwater
      AUGUST 16: Jim Holmes, Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, Debi Shearwater
      AUGUST 17: Steve Tucker, Steve Rottenborn, Jim Danzenbaker, Debi Shearwater
      AUGUST 23: Steve Tucker, Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, Debi Shearwater

      MONTEREY BAY TRIPS:
      AUGUST 1: Nick Levendosky, Rich Fournier, Jennifer Green, Debi Shearwater
      AUGUST 8: Rick Fournier, Jennifer Green, Debi Shearwater
      AUGUST 15: Jim Danzenbaker, Jennifer Green, Debi Shearwater
      AUGUST 22: Scott Terrill, Jennifer Green, Rick Fournier, Debi Shearwater

      BODEGA BAY TRIPS:
      SEPTEMBER 1: Steve Howell, Peter Pyle, Lisa Hug, Debi Shearwater
      SEPTEMBER 19: Steve Howell, Peter Pyle, Lisa Hug, Steve Tucker, Debi Shearwater

      To see the complete schedule of trips:

      More and more these days, photographers are taking to the seas. I've listed some trips that may be especially good for photographers in that there are fewer folks on board, allowing for more room, so essential for some photography. See: http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2014/07/pelagic-birding-photography-trips.html

      At the very least you'll want to enjoy the image of some 20 photographers with well over $30,000 worth of equipment!

      Shearwaters Forever,
      Debi Shearwater

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527

      Birding Down Under: SubAntarctic Islands, November 9 - 25, 2014 with Debi
      Russian Far East Voyages: May/June 2016, special discount with Debi