10920Continuing Arctic Loon

  • Anil Antony
    Jul 30, 2013
      The Arctic Loon is still present at Bonelli Park in San Dimas. It is currently in a cove between the lifeguard station and the exposed dam wall. Earlier this morning, it was close to the lifeguard station. (A lifeguard we talked to said that he checked with his boss, and that birders would be allowed to walk to the cove along the road to Raging Waters.)

      One thing we noticed is that it seems to have much more white on the right flank than the left flank. The left side appears just to have a white patch near the rear, while the right side has white along much of the flank.

      Anil Antony
      Glendale, CA

      Sent from my iPhone