10884Re: PIUTE PONDS WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERSt

  • n6aa
    Jul 3, 2013
      At least 4 birders searched, unsuccessfully, for White-rumped Sandpipers at Piute Ponds this afternoon. One person checked the nearby Lancaster Sewage Ponds as well.

      There is not much water in the ponds, and I left feeling that there was little likelihood of the sandpipers hiding at the ponds. They were pretty well covered.

      This does not, of course, guarantee that they are not still present. Your milage may vary.

      Dick Norton
      Topanga, CA

      --- In CALBIRDS@yahoogroups.com, "golfbirdie25" <turlslb@...> wrote:

      > Jim Moore just called and reported he has been watching two White-rumped sandpipers at the main lake at Piute ponds this morning 7-3-13 as of 1115 hrs. He has obtained photos and will post later.The birds were spooked by an Avocet and he has been trying to relocate them. Steve Turley Long Beach

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic