10819Eastern Whip-poor-will access update 5/27

  • David Suddjian
    May 27 5:57 PM
      Birders,

      Reports on MBB and the County Birders list reported the continued presence
      of the Eastern Whip-poor-will through last night, but I did not see any
      report on Calbirds, so this can suffice: it was still there. I have an
      update from the residents Patti and Graham about possible dates to visit to
      try for the bird. See directions and a contact phone number for permission
      to visit in the original email below. An eBird hotspot named "Valencia
      Creek Ranch (restricted access)" has been set up for the bird.

      They are able to host birders on these evenings:
      May 27, 28, 29 and 30, and June 1 and 2
      *Please be advised that they are** not available to host birders on May 31st
      *
      Opportunities after June 3 will be determined later.

      David Suddjian
      Capitola