10795Possible Blue Jay (Mendocino)

  • Ken Burton
    May 16 2:22 PM
      Two days ago at dusk, I heard what sounded like a BLJA across the street from 751 E. Hill Rd. in Willits. I dismissed it, figuring I must’ve been mistaken. At dawn this morning, I heard it several times again, initially just north of the Dripworks plant on Sanhedrin Circle and then at the original location. I've been unable to confirm it visually and still could be mistaken, but it doesn’t sound like anything else I can think of. There are mockingbirds in the area, but a NOMO in Willits mimicking a BLJA somehow seems even more unlikely than an actual BLJA. I hope others can get out there and look for it. Recorded calls might help. Traffic and construction noise are pretty bad there, so very early morning would be best.

      Ken Burton
      Willits