10794WFO Registration now open (Olympia WA, 22-25 August)
- May 15, 2013Birders,
An announcement of importance to birders in California and around the West:
Registration is now open for the 38th Annual Conference of Western Field Ornithologists to be held in Olympia, Washington, 22-25 August 2013. Go to the WFO web site (http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/conference.php) to get more info and register.
Given the many options available, we recommend that you download the Conference Details document from the website before you click on the REGISTER NOW button to begin registration.
This joint Conference with the Washington Ornithological Society, hosted by Black Hills Audubon Society includes:
- Workshops to enhance your field skills
- Fall Warblers: Jon Dunn and Kimball Garrett
- Sapsuckers - ID challenges and research update: Steve Shunk
- Gull Identification: Mike Donahue
- Dragonflies: Dennis Paulson (includes both classroom and field sessions)
- Wilderness First Aid: Heath Wakelee
- Making full use of eBird: Brian Sullivan
- Keynote talk by John Marzluff on those amazing Corvids
- Two sessions of talks on recent research in the region with a plenary talk by Dennis Paulson
- A full set of field trips (including Pelagics)
- Photo and Bird Sounds ID sessions
This year WFO is awarding two Pasadena Audubon/WFO Youth Scholarships to defray expenses of attending this conference. Go to (http://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/scholarship.php) for details.
Kimball L. Garrett
Ornithology Collections Manager
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90007 USA
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]